NetSupport Manager continues to deliver the very latest in remote access, PC support and desktop management capabilities. From a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, monitor multiple systems in a single action, deliver hands-on remote support, collaborate and even record or play back sessions. When needed, gather real-time hardware and software inventory, monitor services and even view system config remotely to help resolve issues quickly.
Designed to operate over your LAN, WAN or the internet, securely and without the need for firewall configuration, NetSupport Manager provides a single solution for remote support – without the need for a third party service or ongoing subscription costs. Adding to traditional 1:1 remote control capabilities, NetSupport Manager excels as a 1:many solution; from monitoring multiple systems in real-time, to showing the operator screen to multiple recipients for training, to file distributions across the network.
Over 25 years’ development and 13,000,000+ PC install base = Industry recognised, the most stable, feature rich and secure Remote Control and Remote Access solution available.
The IT enterprise continues to expand and evolve with the boundary between LAN, WAN and truly mobile now an almost seamless transition. As our dependency on technology grows, so does the operational impact of system downtime, or simply the time lost by not having instant access to key systems. It continues to offer a unique proposition for desktop remote control. One solution – available from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone – that allows seamless and secure access to workstations and servers across your enterprise, both locally when in the office, and remotely when on the move.
It also provides all components as standard, including a unique “connectivity server” that can be deployed in minutes if you want remote support away from your WAN without boundaries, cutting edge mobile apps available to download for free from the Google and Apple app stores, and one clear proposition. IT Pro NetSupport Manager reviewA one-time purchase for use across your enterprise; a one-time purchase for a permanent lifetime licence; a solution that doesn’t require you to use or send your data via third-party servers, doesn’t need remote hosting and doesn’t charge you again and again with annual subscriptions. Think Remote Control and you may think simple access to a remote PC screen; think NetSupport Manager and enjoy true multi-platform remote control, file management, inventory management, PC diagnostics, audio and screen collaboration, interactive training tools, geolocation and much more. Think Remote Control and you may think one-to-one; with NetSupport you can monitor and view dozens of devices in a single view, automate activities, group by location, platform, device type and so much more. That’s why, after 20 years of evolution, NetSupport remote control technology is now deployed on over 12 million computers around the globe.
Deliver powerful remote control and system diagnostics from any Windows, Mac, Android or iOS device. Connect to any remote Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS (or legacy CE, DOS, Solaris) device.
Monitoring Systems with Interactive Thumbnails
The Monitor Mode feature allows a user to display a thumbnail view of all connected Client workstations simultaneously. The size of these thumbnails can be adjusted to suit. In addition, the user can mouse over a specific thumbnail for an expanded view of each selected PC.
This unique feature allows a user to keep a constant eye on target systems and immediately identify whether intervention is required. The view also provides key visual information such as OS type, network address, WiFi signal strength and battery life (where appropriate), the current logged-on user and the computer name for easy identification. Users can even choose to view a selected monitor from multi-monitor systems.
This view can be switched to Icon Mode, where all known devices are listed and overlaid with optional OS icons, location flags, WiFi and battery details, and more.
Watch, Share or Control the screen, keyboard and mouse of any PC irrespective of colour depth, resolution or operating system. NetSupport Manager delivers the fastest and most secure remote control available.
During a remote control session, capture screenshots, annotate the screen to highlight areas of focus for an end user or use the Audio functions on multimedia-capable PCs to talk to your users while providing support. Best of all, record your remote control session and store as a replay file for future use.
For training purposes, NetSupport Manager can also do the reverse of Remote Control: namely, “show” the Control screen back to all selected end users, delivering a simple and powerful instructional training tool. Show the full desktop, a selected monitor or just a selected application to any number of connected computers in real time. Utilise a range of on-screen annotation tools to aid in your presentation or training.
Auto-Grouping of Remote Systems
The Control “tree view” provides an instant overview of your IT infrastructure by grouping the remote systems based on pre-defined criteria such as Operating System, PC type (laptop, all-in-one, desktop, tablet, virtual PC etc), even country. In addition, all devices are auto-grouped by NetSupport version, ensuring upgrades are easy to manage. As you would expect, users can create groups themselves to reflect their own company structure as well as having quick access to a “recent” list of connected devices.
A user can transfer files between their PC and a user’s workstation using a simple drag and drop interface – even drop a file directly onto the desktop when viewing a remote machine.
Directories can be automatically synchronised on two workstations and appropriate file types can be edited. NetSupport Manager utilises intelligent Delta File Transfer to reduce data transfer times when overwriting files that already exist, by checking individual blocks of data within a file and only transferring changed data.
Moving files from one PC to another may be useful, but the real benefits come with NetSupport Manager’s ability to copy files from one PC to many in a single action – or “File Distribution”. A user can distribute files or folders from their PC to multiple Client PCs simultaneously with the minimum of effort. Using this feature, files can be distributed to all connected Client (end user) PCs, selected PCs or a pre-defined group. Files can also be quickly dropped onto the desktop or ‘My Documents’ folder.
The latest version of NetSupport Manager also features live folders. When initiating a file transfer to a remote PC, the path to any open folders (Explorer windows) on its desktop is displayed at the top of the file transfer view to ease quick selection.
Remote Inventory and System Information
A user can obtain a real-time view of the hardware and software installed on each remote PC workstation directly from within their NetSupport Control. NetSupport Manager collects over 80 items of information, specifically about the hardware or environment of each PC.
In addition, a full software inventory of current installed applications is provided as well as all installed OS hot fixes. To aid further in remote support and diagnostics, a user can also remotely view and, security permitting, control applications in memory, all processes running and currently installed services.
Remote control products fundamentally rely on flexibility in their approach to finding and connecting to end user devices. NetSupport Manager is designed to work over a LAN, WAN or the internet, with support for both TCP/IP and HTTP communications (and even legacy IPX and NetBIOS support). A unique “gateway” module is provided as standard allowing systems across the internet to connect securely and communicate without the need to use a third party-hosted solution.
The new “PIN Connect” feature allows quick connectivity with users simply by sharing a matching code, while the “always available” capabilities of NetSupport Manager ensure computers can be connected to at any time of day, remotely powered on and off with “wake on LAN” and, in the case of Intel® vPro™ systems, even remotely managed at the BIOS level.
New to NetSupport Manager is a simple but flexible feature aimed at making the grouping of remote devices much easier for companies supporting multiple sites. When a user connects to a remote PC, if enabled, the location of the device will be calculated based on its external details.
This information allows NetSupport Manager to provide an approximate location of each remote device, displaying the town, state and country (with supporting flag) within the Control application. Devices are automatically grouped by country for easier management. The feature can be enabled or disabled at both the Control and Client or simply managed via Group Policy.
Chat, Messages, Help Requests and Audio Support
Within NetSupport Manager, a user can conduct a two-way chat session between any number of selected users in either text or full audio mode.
Should the Chat recipient not respond, an audible alert can be sent to each workstation. The Chat progress can be sent to late arrivals using the “Send Discussion History” feature and, of course, the contents of a Chat session can be stored for future reference. A user can also send a text-based message to one or more chosen PCs, or even broadcast to all PCs on the network – ideal for alerting your users about an impending server shutdown or similar.
NetSupport Manager features extended audio support allowing one-way talk, listen or full bi-directional audio conversations (both within and outside of a remote control session), as well as seamless streaming of the remote PC’s audible application sounds. Audio support is available over all LAN/WAN and internet-based communications. End users can also, when enabled, send help requests directly to your helpdesk when they need assistance. The help request can either be sent to all available NetSupport operators, or directed to specific operators based on user-defined accounts. Incoming requests are displayed within the NetSupport Manager Control UI.
NetSupport Manager includes a wealth of supporting features to make remote support as simple and flexible as possible. Just a few of these features include a remote clipboard, remote printer re-direction, a full scripting and scheduling suite to automate tasks, a network deployment tool, the ability to remotely launch applications, a remote command prompt, registry editor and so much more.
Security above everything
NetSupport Manager has been recognised for the last 20 years as delivering the most secure remote control available. The latest version continues to expand our security from activity logs, to user acknowledgement to 256bit encryption, smart card support, AD integration and much more. NetSupport Manager is the choice of military and financial institutions across the globe.
NetSupport Manager has been designed to work both standalone and as a key part within existing systems. With that in mind, NetSupport provides a command line interface, feature access using command line “switches” and support for variables to ensure no matter what your environment, NetSupport Manager can be accessed and utilised directly.
- Browse, locate and connect to all systems across your LAN, WAN or over the internet.
- Fully integrated remote deployment utility.
- Connect over TCP/IP or HTTP protocols. (legacy support provided for IPX and NetBIOS).
- Communicate over LAN, WAN, Internet, PSTN, ISDN or mobile connections.
- Support for 64bit processors.
- Communicate seamlessly between systems that are all located behind different firewalls using the included NetSupport Internet Gateway component.
- Watch, Share or Control the screen, keyboard and mouse of a workstation irrespective of colour resolution, network protocol or operating system.
- Optimise the Remote Control colour quality when managing systems over very slow connections.
- Monitor the screens of all connected systems with real-time thumbnails. Mouse over a selected PC to zoom your view.
- Scan multiple systems, cycle through one or multiple workstations displaying their screens on your Control console.
- Show your screen, a selected monitor or just a selected application to any number of connected computers for real-time instruction.
- Annotate your screen with a range of drawing tools during a Remote Control session or Show session.
- Full Text and Audio Chat and Messaging between two or multiple systems.
- Full Audio Chat during a Remote Control session.
- Capture screenshots during a session for future reference.
- Record screen activity to a video “replay file” for training or security.
- To aid both training and the effectiveness of support, a Whiteboard feature is also provided from within a chat session.
- Gather a full Hardware and Software inventory from the Client PC to aid in remote support.
- Gather details of all hotfixes installed on the Client PC.
- View and Control applications, processes and services running on the Client.
- Remotely edit the registry of a remote system.
- Launch a local command prompt from the remote system on your PC.
- Remotely Power On / Off, Log On/ Off or Reboot a Client PC.
- Request Help – users can create help requests that can be directed to all or specific Control systems based on custom criteria.
- Support for Intel vPro technology is also provided as standard.
- Identify the approximate location of a remote device and automatically group by region.
- Transfer files between the Control and Client computer, synchronise folders and more.
- File Distribution – Drag and drop files from the Control PC to any number of connected systems in a single action.
- Identify and access folders currently in use on the Client PC within the File Transfer tree view.
- Remotely launch applications on remote computers.
- Capture and redirect the remote computer’s print queue to the Control PC.
- Copy the content of the clipboard between Control and Client PCs.
- PIN Connect feature enables a technician to instantly locate a user anywhere across the enterprise, simply by both parties entering a matching PIN code, via a central PIN server module.
- A full scripting and scheduling suite to automate tasks.
- Auto-Group systems based on pre-defined criteria, including Operating System, Geolocation, Case Type and Client version.
- Touch-enabled UI for use on Windows tablets, including portrait and landscape display modes.
- Full data encryption options from 56bit DES to 256bit AES encryption.
- User acknowledgements and encrypted passwords.
- Security keys to make your copy of NetSupport Manager unique and incompatible with other copies.
- Integrate directly with NT administration and authenticate connections directly.
- Active Directory integration and AD templates provided for enterprise-wide policy management.
- Profiled functionality allows different features to be disabled depending on which user is attempting to connect to a selected PC.
- Full event and history logs, including integration with OS event logs.
No Extra Cost
- All features in NetSupport Manager are included as standard.
- NetSupport School – Instruction and Training suite is provided F.O.C.