NetSupport School helps teachers and trainers improve the efficiency of ICT teaching by centrally instructing students on their computer. Maintain student focus by monitoring application and web usage, track language lab audio activity, improve support through online help and chat requests and save time by automatically sending and collecting work files or quickly polling the class and showing instant results.
With educational budgets under increasing pressure, NetSupport School enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from the IT infrastructure already in place.
NetSupport has formed many strategic alliances with industry leaders. By working together, our mutual customers will experience greater integration and inter-operability of our products.
- Tutor Assistant app for Apple iOS and Android devices (NEW)
- Question and Answer Module (NEW)
- Android tablet support (NEW)
- Google Chrome support (NEW)
- Video Editor and Conversion Tool (NEW)
- View / Control student screens
- Real-time instruction tools
- Powerful Student Surveys
- Testing and quiz components
- Real-time Audio Monitoring
- Internet metering and control
- Digital Student Journals
- Dedicated Technician Console
- Application metering and control
- Printer management
- Send out and collect work
Classroom Management for Windows® and beyond
Classroom management solutions are designed to help teachers and trainers improve the efficiency of computer-based learning. Recognizing that today’s students have access to a wide range of technology, NetSupport offers a choice of solutions to suit any environment. NetSupport School facilitates central instruction and assessment of students, encourages collaboration and helps ensure student attention within a Windows environment. Support is also provided for students using Android/iOS tablets and Chromebooks. Fully compatible sister product NetSupport Assist provides the same focus within a Mac or Linux environment.
Desktop Alerting and Notification
The need to deliver reliable and effective messaging to students has never been more essential as part of the day-to-day management of a school infrastructure. With students and staff potentially utilising a mixture of hardware and technology, the ability to simply and quickly deliver messages direct to their devices provides a number of benefits to the faculty. NetSupport Notify provides an extra level of security within an education establishment for both critical security alerts as well as routine student communication. It does not rely on any external services, does not have any ongoing delivery costs, and perhaps most importantly, does not require regular management of contacts.
Desktop Security and Lockdown
Children want to learn, and often the best way is to experiment. Lab computers may be used four or five times a day for different classes, so they really can’t afford to endure too much practical experimentation. Simple to use, safe, and secure, NetSupport Protect is the ideal choice of IT administrators and technology coordinators. Presented in a simple and intuitive interface, system control can be configured in minutes and allows either individual or central control of security settings.
IT Asset Management
IT Asset Management is fast becoming a critical function of network administration but some organisations may be put off by the complexity and cost of some high-end solutions. This shouldn’t be the case as at any business level if network administrators don’t know how many desktops they have, where they are located and what hardware and software is installed, it stands to reason that they can’t possibly manage and support them properly. A point often forgotten or ignored is that annual support costs can easily outstrip the initial purchase price of IT assets. IT Asset Management software can pay big dividends as it automates the data gathering process, presenting IT managers with the information needed to make informed decisions about upgrades and the roll-out of new technology. NetSupport DNA (Dynamic Network Administration) facilitates central management of your enterprise PCs in a secure, coordinated and efficient manner.
Minimizing the amount of system downtime is essential together with ensuring an effective solution is in place to assist and support users of IT assets. Effortlessly track, organize, manage and answer the toughest desktop support challenges with NetSupport ServiceDesk, a powerful and entirely web-based helpdesk and Incident management solution.
Delivering support for wired or wireless networks and the diverse range of platforms and devices in use within the modern classroom, NetSupport School provides teachers, trainers and lab technicians with a wealth of features to streamline classroom management
Tools that enable teachers to prepare for and manage computer led lessons include:
- Customise the teacher screen to mirror the physical class layout.
- Centrally Power On/Off all classroom computers.
- Register student information at the start of the lesson.
- Manage and Control classroom printer usage.
- Control the use of memory sticks and access to network drives and CDs.
- Gain attention by blanking the screens or locking mice and keyboards.
- Give individual students visual rewards to encourage effort or behaviour.
- Central distribution and collection of work files.
- At the end of a lesson remotely Log Off all PCs.
- One click Request Assistanceâ€ option for a teacher needing tech support
Monitor and Control
Features that help provide a safe and productive learning environment include:
Monitor the entire class in a single view using mini screen thumbnails. Use the zoom facility to see individual student screens in real-time.
- Watch, share or control the screen, keyboard and mouse of any student workstation.
- Monitor and control all Internet and Application usage across the class.
- Unique Internet Safesearch facility prevents inappropriate content being returned within search results.
- Real-time monitoring and control of Instant Messenger applications.
- Keyboard Monitoring provides a real-time insight into student activity and topic understanding. Tracking across all applications or websites. Can be used in student comprehension to highlight when key words or dates are included.
Audio Monitoring and Language Lab Tool
Tools that support the growing trend towards audible learning, helping teachers manage the additional distractions presented to students through the use of multimedia.
- Listen to Student audio.
- Listen to Students’ microphones.
- Monitor audio in class.
- Two way audio chat.
- Record audio to file.
Instruct and Collaborate
Features that promote student-teacher interaction include:
- Enhance understanding of a topic by Showing the teacher’s screen to students.
- Integrated virtual whiteboard supported by a wealth of drawing tools to aid collaboration.
- Internet co-browse allows a teacher to open selected websites and synchronise this with the browser on each student PC.
- Nominate students to be Group Leaders, assigning them certain teacher rights to specific features.
- Group or 1:1 chat facility promotes discussion between students.
- Broadcast Audio to the class or transmit the teacher’s voice during a presentation.
- Broadcast a selected student screen to the rest of the class to highlight individual achievement.
Testing and Learning
Confirm understanding of a subject with a range of testing and feedback features:
- Use the built-in Test Designer to create bespoke tests and examinations including text, picture, audio and video questions.
- Student Journal feature enables students to capture a digital record of each lesson for later review.
- Poll students for immediate feedback on a given subject using the â€œInstant Surveyâ€ facility.
- Question and Answer student and peer assessment module to reinforce key learning points and instantly gauge student understanding during a lesson.
Dedicated Technicians Console
A classroom management solution is not simply about providing the right tools for each teacher. Equally important are tools to ensure all computers in the school can be managed and maintained so they are always available for teaching. With this in mind, NetSupport School also provides a unique Tech Console specifically for Lab Technicians and Network Managers. Includes the ability to set school-wide security profiles and apply Always On restrictions without the need for a dedicated server.
Supporting New Technology
Schools are increasingly embracing new PC technologies and we work hard to ensure our products continue to operate in these rapidly changing environments. As such, NetSupport School offers:
- A free downloadable Tutor Assistant app for use on tablets and smartphones (Apple and Android) giving teachers and their assistants greater mobility around the classroom.
- Support for students using Chromebooks.
- Support for students using Android/iOS tablets.
- Support within Terminal Server, Thin/Zero Client, shared-resource and virtual desktop environments.