The installation and maintenance advantages of these intelligent detectors add value throughout their service life. The twist-and-lock design makes short work of installation and maintenance operations. A plastic breakout on the detector housing optionally prevents removal from the base except with a special tool.
A bright, easy-to-see LED flashes red when the detector is in alarm, thus eliminating much of the guesswork when responding to front-panel indications.
- Fixed-temperature heat detector with an alarm threshold of 135°F (57° C).
- With rate-of-rise heat detector calibrated for 15°F (8°C) per minute.
- Houses an optical sensing chamber that detects smoke, as well as a fixed-temperature sensor that detects heat. The detector analyzes data from both sensors to determine when an alarm is initiated.
- With optical sensing chamber that detects smoke.
All detectors feature comprehensive self-diagnostic capability. V-PS and V-PHS optical detectors continuously adjust their sensitivity to compensate for changes in the environment such as the presence of dirt, smoke, temperature, and humidity. These detectors issue a dirty sensor warning when they reach their preset limit.
- Optical, heat, and multisensor models available
- Compatible standard, relay, isolator, and audible bases
- Field replaceable optical chamber
- Electronic Addressing including mapping location
- Bases mount to standard North American two-gang or 4″ square electrical boxes
- Dual color LED provides at-a-glance alarm indication
- Tamper-resistant feature
- Self diagnostic capability with on-board storage of results
- Optical detectors feature automatic rate compensated sensitivity adjustment, as well as dirty sensor warnings
- Manufactured to strict international ISO 9001 standards
- Assembled using surface mount technology for RF resistance
- Conformally coated components resist dust and humidity
- Automatic detector test
- Low Profile Design
The V-Series heat detectors are capable of performing comprehensive self-diagnostics and storing the results.
Thanks to advanced thermistor technology, V-Series heat detectors are ideal for sensing fast, flaming fires and for applications where smoke detection is inappropriate. They are particularly well-suited to areas such as kitchens and shower rooms, where the ambient temperature is relatively constant, but where steam and smoke are present.
Optical and combination detectors
V-Series optical detectors continuously adjust their sensitivity based on fluctuating environmental conditions such as the presence of dirt, smoke, humidity, or changes in temperature, and notifies the panel of any changes in sensor sensitivity. When the detector has adjusted its sensitivity to its maximum limit, it issues a dirty sensor warning, allowing enough of a margin for maintenance personnel to clean the detector before it goes into trouble condition. These detectors perform comprehensive self-diagnostics and store these details in their on-board memory.
V-Series detectors provide a bicolor status LED:
- Normal: Green LED flashes
- Alarm/active: Red LED flashes