With NetSupport Assist, teachers can improve the efficiency of classroom teaching by centrally instructing students from their computer. From registering attendance at the start, monitoring activity during and logging off machines at the end of the lesson, NetSupport Assist allows teachers to focus their time and attention on their students, rather than on managing the software.
Transfer Files to Students – Transfer files between a Tutor and a Student workstation, using advanced ‘Drag and Drop’ technology.Send and Collect Work Files – Prepare files for Students to work on and automatically distribute them as the lesson begins. Once Students have completed the work, you can automatically retrieve it. Power Management – Power on Student machines at the start of a class and remotely shut down machines at the end in order to conserve energy. View Student Activity – Monitor the entire class or selected students with high quality scalable thumbnails of each desktop. Zoom to focus on individuals or click for full 1:1 remote control. Powerful Remote Control – Take control of the screen, keyboard and mouse of each or any student workstation where teacher assistance is required. Real-Time Instruction – Deliver engaging presentations by showing the teacher’s screen to each student desktop. Control Internet Use – NetSupport Assist allows teachers to instantly see which sites students are visiting and, if needed, take remedial action to block access. Monitor Open Applications – Centrally monitor the applications in use on each and every student machine in real time to ensure the class is always focused on the task in hand. Instant Surveys – Ensure students have understood the content covered during the lesson by polling them for instant feedback, collating and displaying results instantly. Group Chat – Share ideas and encourage classroom collaboration by conducting on-screen discussions that include the entire class or just selected students. Send Messages – An effective way to communicate lesson information with all or selected students. The message takes screen focus on the student’s desktop. Reduce System Downtime – Use the Support Tool to supply the school technician with the system information needed to help optimize NetSupport Assist configuration on any teacher or student machine. Wired and Wireless Networks – NetSupport Assist is designed to work flawlessly over both wired and wireless networks and, at all times, not impact on network capability. Student Registration – Request standard and custom information for each student at the start of the class, create an attendance report and use the provided details to personalize your lesson.
Delivering secure connectivity with student machines across both wired and wireless networks, NetSupport Assist can be easily configured to locate ‘students’ wherever they may be and without compromising network performance:
- Flexible range of options for connecting to the required student machines: assign machines to a designated room; or, dependent on the naming convention used for your machines, a fixed list of machines or match by partial machine name.
- Locate machines across any number of TCP/IP subnets.
- Accelerate Browse option available when searching for a large number of machines.
- Low Bandwidth Mode available for network environments where low data usage is a priority. Ideal for optimizing wireless network performance.
Central Class Management
NetSupport Assist provides the tools a teacher needs to centrally manage machines within their classroom – at the start, during and after a lesson:
- Power On or Off all classroom computers from the teacher PC.
- Find out exactly who is in your class using the Student Register feature. Request standard and custom information from each student at the start of class.
- Use thumbnail layouts so the teacher machine represents the layout of the physical classroom.
- Blank student screens to gain attention.
- Lock one or many students’ keyboards and mice when instructing.
- Automatically reboot and reconnect to student PCs.
- Perform a remote log off on all machines.
Instruct and Collaborate in Real Time
Maintain a focused and engaging learning environment with NetSupport Assist’s real-time presentation and collaboration tools:
- Transfer files to and from a selected PC in a single action using a drag and drop interface.
- Hand out and automatically collect files with each student’s details appended.
- Avoid the need for expensive display equipment and ensure student focus during a presentation. The Show feature lets the teacher show their screen to all or selected student screens.
- Deliver your presentations optimized for wireless networks.
- Open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Use the Message option to send important lesson information or alerts to all or selected student machines. Decide how long the message should be displayed.
- Find out if your students have understood the content covered during the lesson by conducting an instant survey. Send a custom question along with pre-defined or custom responses to all or selected students. Instantly see all responses and a summary for the class.
Central Monitoring and Control of Workstations
Ensure your classroom technology is being used for appropriate lesson-related research!
- Monitor the entire class in a single view. Real-time and scalable thumbnails of each student desktop give you an instant view of what each student is currently doing.
- Optimize network performance by increasing or decreasing the thumbnail refresh rate.
- Zoom in for an optimized high-definition view of an individual desktop.
- Overlay additional information to highlight the active application or active website.*
- Switch from Thumbnail to Detailed View for a more in-depth list of the applications and websites currently in use across the class.*
- With a single click you can block the internet if inappropriate sites are being accessed or simply to stop students being distracted during a presentation.
Remotely view an individual student’s screen to provide direct and discreet 1:1 support:
- Choice of remote control modes allows you to share control of or discreetly watch the selected student’s workstation.
- Send a message to the selected student’s screen.
- Conduct a two-way chat session with the selected student.
- Screen Capture feature enables the teacher to take a snapshot of the currently viewed student screen, saving the image in a file for later review along with the machine and student details.
- Power On or Off all classroom computers from the teacher PC.
Teachers rely on the availability of their classroom computers. In the event of a system issue you therefore need the school technician to get you up and running as soon as possible.
Wired and Wireless Support
NetSupport Assist is fully optimized for use with both wired and wireless networks. The philosophy for managing computers in a wireless environment is to maximize performance without compromising the network or the devices servicing it.