With educational budgets under increasing pressure, NetSupport School enables schools, colleges and training institutions to maximise the return from the IT infrastructure already in place.
NetSupport School helps teachers and trainers improve the efficiency of ICT teaching by delivering a suite of tailored features developed with teachers, for teachers. Teachers and assistants can instruct students centrally to all their own devices; they can help maintain student focus by monitoring and controlling the use of apps, web sites, printers and more. They can support student learning using unique digital journals; a unique student toolbar to highlight lesson objectives and expected outcomes; Infographic showing an overview of NetSupport School featuresand deliver targeted student and peer assessment with a unique Question and Answer module, surveys or pre-prepared tests.
In addition, NetSupport School features a dedicated Technicians’ Console for overview and management of all devices across the school – and a monitoring app for Teaching Assistants to use in the classroom.
Schools often have mixed environments in the classroom – from PCs to Chromebooks to tablets – and also want the flexibility to be able to adopt a BYOD policy, where students can use their own tablets/laptops in the classroom. NetSupport School uniquely offers a dedicated solution for all leading platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, Kindle and iOS) to ensure every customer is future proofed.
A unified solution with an unrivaled pedigree, delivering benefits across the school from the classroom to the leadership team.
What are the key features of NetSupport School?
- Control – As a teacher, NetSupport School allows you to control student activity on each device in the classroom. From a simple power on or login at the start of the day, to locking their devices to gain attention, NetSupport School ensures only a single mouse click is required.
- Monitor Internet, Application, Instant Messenger, Printer and USB/CD DevicesMonitor Internet, Application, Instant Messenger, Printer and USB/CD devices – Monitor what students do, control when they can do it and prevent access to resources whenever required. All of these can be set as a default so they happen even without teacher’s input at the start of the lesson.
- Assess – Assessment of understanding and progress is key and, with that in mind, NetSupport School serves up a unique Q&A mode for real-time individual, group and peer assessment in a fun and engaging game show style, with basketball questioning, teams, first to answer and much more. Quick surveys can be done with the whole class as part of a plenary, with students automatically grouped based on responses. Finally, we include a full Testing console with auto-marking when more structured assessment is required. In addition, using the native Windows 10 Tutor app, teachers can capture key lesson content in a OneNote Class Notebook, if desired.
- Collaborate – From group leaders, group chat sessions, interactive whiteboard, audio monitoring and more, NetSupport School is built with collaboration in mind. Digital Journals – We want to help save teachers’ time and ensure students leverage every possible benefit from the technology available to them. The Student Journal ensures a record of all relevant content from a lesson can be stored in a PDF file for the student to take away and review. From personal notes to recommended resources, screenshots, teacher notes, survey results and more, the journal is a great addition for each student and a lifeline for any absent students.
- Whole School – NetSupport School has hundreds of features within its components but we thought you would like to see the most important ones here. To view all of the features in more detail, please select from the menu above.
Save Money with NetSupport schoolThere are practical ways you can save money with NetSupport School installed, such as powering on or off all the classroom computers from the teacher’s PC. No more accidentally left on computers and you don’t have to check them all individually to make sure they are all turned off. Printer management can also be controlled centrally, meaning no more unnecessary paper wastage or unauthorised printing. Reducing the load on the network can also be a major contributor to reducing power consumption and therefore impacting the school’s bottom line both in power and time.
Save Time with NetSupport schoolFor teachers, there are many time-saving benefits in NetSupport School, from turning multiple PCs on or off to monitoring 30 PCs from one central point. NetSupport School also helps technicians save time by remotely responding to problems and fixing them immediately and securely. Network monitoring is made easy with the Technician’s Console and provides a whole school view; grouping computers by classroom, highlighting computers that are currently connected to teachers, as well as providing the all-important real-time status of each computer.
Collaborate with NetSupport schoolCollaborative learning is a situation in which two or more people learn or attempt to learn something together and NetSupport School has been specially designed to facilitate this. Collaborative learning is promoted by Ofsted in the UK and NetSupport School takes this into consideration not only with its support for Ofsted best practice, but also with the provision of dedicated features to aid in the delivery of Assessment for Learning (AFL) in the classroom. Working together in a class will promote discussion, team work and problem solving abilities.
Environmental savings with NetSupport schoolBeing in full control of the classroom printers will have an immediate environmental impact on paper usage within the classroom. NetSupport School also provides a View/Set Power Management policy for students and teachers, allowing you to set a Windows update policy for PCs so you can choose the cheapest time of the day to update. In addition, as a teacher, you no longer need to hand out paper; you can push your electronic document out to the whole classroom in one go.
eSafety with NetSupport schoolNetSupport School delivers all of the key features required to allow a school to monitor pupils’ online behaviour, ensure teacher access is available and assistance can be requested by any student – plus educate them about the risks and responsibilities of using the internet. NetSupport School is also designed to integrate with NetSupport Protect to shield computers from unwanted or malicious changes and control access to removable media such as USB devices – as well as combine with third-party products like Securus to create even broader e-safety profiles.
Best practice with NetSupport schoolMany of the features in NetSupport School are specifically provided in line with Educational recommendations and accepted “Best Practice”. NetSupport School includes the provision of lesson details and expected outcomes visible to all students and Student Journals delivering a full contextual record of key content for any lesson (and a valuable resource for absent students). For effective assessment in the classroom, the unique Q&A mode in NetSupport School provides for quick and easy 1:1, Peer and Group assessment tools. Groups and Group Leaders features facilitate differentiation in the classroom; silent help requests and keyboard monitoring allow for effective student safety when coupled with Internet, Messenger and Application controls.